ACTIVITIES AT DEVIL’S LAKE STATE PARK
There are so many things to keep you busy here in the Devil’s Lake State Park Region! Devil’s Lake has 2 huge sandy beaches, miles of hiking & biking trails, canoe & kayak rentals and so much more. The park is also a popular rock climbing destination for people from all over the US. Devil’s Lake is also located on the Ice Age Trail. For new visitors, especially those with kids, one of the best ways to get to know the park is by taking advantage of our dynamic nature center programs throughout the year as well. You’ll explore the trails, meet the critters, enjoy art projects, learn archery, go paddling and much more! Programs are always free!
But that’s just the beginning. Within just a few miles of Devil’s Lake State Park, there are an amazing number of other parks, state natural areas, trails, prairies, ski hills and more. It’s crazy! For the outdoor lover, it’s harder to decide what to miss than it is to fill your days. Below is a wide variety of information about activities in and around Devil’s Lake State Park.
- Swimming - 2 Swimming Beaches
- Hiking – Trail descriptions & map
- Biking – Riding the Uplands Trail
- Canoeing & Kayaking – There are no powerboats on Devil’s Lake!
- Climbing – The midwest’s premiere rock climbing destination!
- Hunting - Open hunting map
- Winter Activities – Sledding & Snowshoeing
- Nature Hikes, Guided Tours, Music & Dancing - Nature Center & Park Events
MORE TO EXPLORE - Outside of the Park boundaries
- Biking & Bike Trails - Baraboo rides, Sauk Prairie Riverway, 400 Trail, Portage Levee
- Fishing & Powerboating - Lake Wisconsin, Lake Delton, Wisconsin River…
- Scenic Drives - Rural Wisconsin, winding roads, fall colors and more.
- More Natural Areas & Hiking Trails - Parfrey’s Glen, Baxter’s Hollow, Natural Bridge, Gibraltar Rock, . .
- Golf Courses
- Area Attractions - SUMMER FUN GUIDE to Popular Attractions, historical sites, farm markets, wineries and more!
Check out our Google “BIG MAP” to locate area hiking trails, biking trails, boat launches, attractions and more.