Fun family events include a Great Nature Race, A Bigfoot hunt & of course the annual Devil’s Lake State Park Halloween Hike. Join Us!
Saturday, October 8 and Sunday, October 9 – The Great Nature Race Drop-in between 9 am – 2:00 pm each day. Your family event starts at the Nature Center
What better way to spend a fall day outside on the Great Nature Race! Drop in the Nature Center anytime between 9 am and 2:00 pm for an adventure across the property! (You’ll need your car for this one). This is a combination of geocaching, orienteering and scavenger hunt so bring your GPS or check one out from the Nature Center.
Work at your own pace; find new places on the property to conquer this challenge!
- If you come on this challenge here’s some things you’ll need to know and to bring with you. It will take you 2 -3 hours at least to complete this challenge!
- Some of the trails are a bit muddy and wet. Wear (or bring) shoes you don’t mind getting a bit wet and sloppy.
- You’ll be hiking a bit to find some of these places. Wear comfortable shoes and dress for changing weather.
- Bring snacks!!! It will take you a while to accomplish this “race”. Bring snacks along (especially for the kids) so you aren’t starving by the end.
- Bring water! Again, you’ll be out for a while and hiking to find things and you can get pretty thirsty.
The Hunt for Bigfoot Continues! Saturday, October 8 from 7:30 – 9:00 pm
Meet at the North Shore Visitor Center
Go on an adventure to see if bigfoot really can be found in the bluffs at Devil’s Lake. We’ll use our detective skills to figure out which are signs and tracks left by other night creatures and which might be left by bigfoot!
When it comes to finding bigfoot, Park Naturalist, Susan Johansen has all the Tech! We’ll use audio recordings, thermal imagers and more. You just bring your best Bigfoot call!!
This is a great hike for kids of all ages!!