Timme Mill County Park is located at the Lake Delton/Mirror Lake Dam which holds back Dell Creek creating Mirror Lake within Mirror Lake State Park. Dell Creek was first dammed in 1860 to power a flour mill which was later acquired by the Timme family in 1893. The original wood dam was replaced with concrete in 1925. The Timmes sold their mill in 1947, and new owners continued to produce pancake flour until the mill burned down in 1957. In addition to the being the historic location of Timme’s Mill, there is also a small grotto or cave located in the park that served as one of the first saloons in Wisconsin Dells called aptly, “The Hole In The Wall”.
Today the small park is popular with local fisherman who like to fish the bottom of the Dam. There are no facilities or picnic areas. Timme’s Mill simply offers a bit of historical interest and access to the dam. There is a small boat landing above the dam that allows paddlers to land and portage around before continuing on to Lake Delton.
Parking is available on Burritt Ave. From the parking area, walk across Burritt Ave toward a group of homes, walk left about 25 feet and look right for a gated driveway that winds behind the houses. Follow the road down to the park.
View Baraboo Area Travel Guide in a larger map