Mark your calendar’s now! in just the couple of weeks between November 22nd and December 14th, you and your family can enjoy 4… YES 4, holiday light parades here in the Devil’s Lake region! Continue reading
We’ve got a busy weekend going on here at Devil’s Lake State Park this weekend! There are 4 big highlights, Archery Weekend, the rocks rescue presentation, the big band dance on Saturday night and of course the always popular “Wild Lunch”.. and that’s just naming a few of the activities available to you and your family here in the Devil’s Lake region this weekend! So let’s get going with the details!
Here’s what’s going on at Devils Lake State Park June 21-23rd, 2013…
Lawn Chair Bat Watch Friday
First, tonight (Fri, June 21, 8:30pm – 9:30pm) you can join the “Lawn Chair Bat Watch” in front of the Chateau (North Shore Concessions). The bats are back and it’s a great time to bring a comfy lawn chair and watch them. We’ll park our chairs outside the Chateau (North Shore) and watch the bats emerge from the houses. We’ll have fun bat information and a bat scavenger hunt for the kids to do while the wait to the bats to emerge. Meet at the Chateau for this popular program!
Devil’s Lake Fish Fry – Friday
Dine inside or out at the Devil’s Lake State Park Chateau. (North Shore Concession) 5:30 to 7:30 Pm. 2 pc. Fish & 1 pc. Chicken Dinner with 3 sides. $10/person
Wild Lunch – Animal Feeding Saturday
Archery Days Runs both Saturday and Sunday!
Stuck on the Rocks – Baraboo District Ambulance Service Saturday
Big Band Dance
Here are even more local events you may enjoy (Provided by the Baraboo Chamber of Commerce.)
- TODAY: Historic Walking Tour of Downtown Baraboo, Coffee Bean, 10 AM
- TODAY & Saturday: Bar Buddies Boo Brat Fry Fundraiser, Meat Market, 10 to 3
- TONIGHT – Sunday: Arsenic and Old Lace at the Al. Ringling
- TONIGHT: Pumphouse Sports Bar & Grill 80′s Night Costume Party
- TONIGHT: Whale Rider (2002) playing at Womonscape Center, 6 PM
- Saturday: Downtown Farmers Market, 7:30 AM - 1 PM
- Saturday: Impact Fitness Grand Opening, 1212 8th St., 9 AM – 2 PM
- Saturday: Historic Walking Tour of Downtown, Coffee Bean Connection, 10 AM
- Saturday & Sunday: Native American Artifact & Antique Show, Sauk Co. Fairgrounds
- Saturday: St. Clare Heart & Soles Run/Walk, St. Clare Hospital, 8 AM
- Saturday: Aldo Leopold Guided Tours, 1 – 3 PM
- Saturday: Haunted Downtown Walk, Coffee Bean Connection, 8:30 – 9:30 PM
- Saturday: Country Fest at the Schellter in Leland - Food, Fun, Music all day
- Saturday: An Evening with the Cranes, International Crane Foundation, 5 PM
- Sunday: Downtown Baraboo Sunday Market, 10 AM – 3 PM
- Sunday: Conversation Crafts Circle, Womonscape Center, 12:30 PM
- Sunday: Circus of the Chefs Gala, Circus World Museum, 5 – 9 PM
Memorial Weekend is here! I was just driving through the South Shore of Devil’s Lake this morning and thinking how quiet and peaceful it was. Well, that won’t last. As usual, it will be a crazy busy weekend here in the Devil’s Lake region.. That doesn’t mean you can’t find a quiet spot in the park however, 99.9% of park visitors will be hanging out down by the lake, so the rest of the park is always pretty tame. Well, Let’s look at the weekend’s last-minute news, notes and events…
Well, it’s the holiday season and there is a lot going on outside of the park this time of year! For instance, in Saturday we spent time in Baraboo enjoying the Edwardian Christmas event put on by the Sauk County Historical Society at two locations from the Edwardian Era, the Van Orden Mansion built in 1903, and the Al. Ringling Theatre which was built in 1915. Both locations were filled with holiday music, food and 12 Christmas tree displays decorated by area designers, businesses and volunteers. Dave SaLoutos of Circus World Museum played Christmas tunes from the 1960s & 1970s on the organ in the historic theatre. We even managed to fit in a free horse drawn wagon ride before calling it a day! What a fun, festive, local event! You can watch the slideshow below, or click here to view the gallery in Flickr! Continue reading
The holiday season is certainly upon us here in the Devil’s Lake region. This weekend the surrounding communities are offering a wide variety of ways to enjoy the weekend! Our goal this weekend is to hit the Very Merry Holiday Fair & the Edwardian Christmas here in Baraboo, then to run up to the village of Wonewoc to enjoy their lighted parade.. Whatever you do this weekend, have fun and be safe! Check our featured near by events below!