There is a lot to keep you busy in the Devil’s Lake State Park region of Wisconsin including of course visiting the many attractions in Wisconsin Dells and other near by communities.
Al. Ringling MansionAl. Ringling Mansion
BED & BREAKFAST OPEN FOR 2015 SEASON!! This spectacular red stone mansion was built in 1905 as the home of legendary circus showman, Al. Ringling. Al. was the eldest of the five famous Ringling brothers. The Ringling Bros. Circus was at its peak when the mansion was built.
The Al. Ringling Mansion is currently undergoing extensive restoration to bring it back to its former opulence and will soon feature five guest rooms. It is currently open for guided tours. Guests will see original furnishings, amazing hand-carved woodwork, leaded glass, ornate murals and hand-decorated ceilings. Displays on the Mansion and the lives of the Ringling family will also be featured. There are numerous other area attractions, historic sites and museums. In addition to the world-renowned Circus World(former headquarters for the Ringling Bros. Circus) and Al. Ringling Theatre, Downtown Baraboo hosts numerous events, activities and festivals every year.
Baraboo Farmer’s MarketBaraboo Farmer’s Market
Started by local growers in the late-1980’s, the Baraboo Farmers’ Market has become a favorite feature of downtown life for Baraboo residents, who avail themselves of the wealth of locally produced agricultural products every Wednesday and Saturday morning from early May through October. Only Wisconsin-produced fruits, vegetables, meats, cheese, eggs, bakery items, flowers and perennials, bedding plants, jams and jellies, maple syrup and honey, herbs and herbal products, and other commodities are allowed to be sold at the market.
The Baraboo Farmers’ Market is held on Wednesday and Saturday mornings from 7:30 am to 1:00 pm on the Courthouse Square on Oak Street between 3rd and 4th Streets. The market runs from May through October.
Fairfield Hills Golf Course and RangeFairfield Hills Golf Course and Range
Fairfield Hills Golf Course and Range is a 9 hole public course that is playable, affordable, challenging and fun for all skill levels. The rolling terrain with three elevated tees along with wooded surroundings challenges the more skilled golfers, yet is still very playable for those just learning. The 1,900 yard par 3 course with its large practice range is the choice of many visitors who return to Fairfield Hills time and again. Visitors to our area are most welcome!
Call for tee times or register online at http://www.fairfieldhillsgolfcourse.com.
Ringling House Bed and BreakfastRingling House Bed and Breakfast
A mere 3.5 miles from the north shore entrance to Devils Lake State park, this unique Colonial Revival home is on the National Register of Historic Places. It was built in 1901 by Charles Ringling, one of the founders of the Ringling Brothers Circus, and was constructed with some of the finest materials and modern conveniences available. It has remained in the Ringling family for over 100 years, until now. You can be one of the first to experience the grandeur of this phenomenal home! Outside of the estates rich history and location, there are many more reasons to stay with us:
- We are located within walking distance to downtown Baraboo businesses and events.
- Many things are included with your stay: Off-street parking, Wi-Fi, home cooked breakfast, snacks, beverages, and use of common areas.
- When booking through our website, you get a 10% discount. Use code USEUS15 when checking out!
- If you stay more than one night, you get an additional 10% discount, and every sixth night of your stay is free!
- Learn about this history of the Ringling’s in Baraboo with pictures displayed throughout the house.
- Our B&B has adjoining rooms in most of our suites, if you wish to stay with family or friends.
- Baraboo has been ranked as a favorite among Midwest Living readers small town getaways and one of the top five small towns to visit in the US by Smithsonian Magazine in 2013, based on its abundance of natural beauty, cultural and historical offerings, museums and activities.
- Devil’s Lake State Park, a mere 3.5 miles from Baraboo, has been ranked in the top 10 state parks in the nation by readers of USA today and 10 Best. It is a great place to explore and reconnect with nature and your loved ones.
- Your innkeepers will be happy to help you find the best local restaurants, activities, drives, events, deals, and places to relax in the area! Please ask us!
The Ringling House Bed & Breakfast strives to provide you with comfort to relax your body & soul, time to rekindle your relationships, and experiences to relish during your stay.
Tours: Sundays 1-3pm and Wednesdays 4-6pm or by appointment.
AL. Ringling Theatre
136 Fourth Ave. Baraboo, WI 53913
Ph: (608) 356-8864
Circus World Museum
550 Water St
Baraboo, WI 53913
Ph: (608) 356-8341
Big Cat Rescue
305 Pine Street
Rock Springs, Wi.
Ph: (608) 524-5466
Dr. Evermore’s Art Park
S7703 US HWY 12
Town of Sumpter, WI 53591
Ph: (608) 219-7830
Historic Indian Agency House
Hwy. 33. Portage, WI. – Open Daily from May 15- October 15
Ph: (608) 742-6362
Mid-Continent Railway Museum
E8948 Diamond Hill Rd North Freedom, WI 53951
Museum at the Portage
-804 MacFarlane Road. Portage, WI 53901
Ph: (608) 742-6682
Sauk County Historical Museum
531 4th Ave., Baraboo, WI. 53913
565 Water Street, Prairie du Sac, WI 53578