BIKING & AREA BIKE TRAILS
The Baraboo Hills Region is a popular destination of cyclists of every persuasion. You’ll find quiet country roads, historic rail-to-trail routes & even a few hard-core climbs as well! Follow the links below for photos, maps and more information.
- Biking At Devil’s Lake State Park – The Uplands Trail, fun and challenging!
- Ride the 400 State Bike Trail – 22 miles of scenic, easy, bike trail for the whole family. The closest trail head to Devil’s Lake is located about 20 minutes away in Reedsburg, WI. It’s worth the drive, especially for families looking for a safe, easy place to take the kids cycling. (We urge you to donate to the Friends of the Trail.)
- The Elroy – Sparta State Trail (External Link) - Considered the first rail-to-trail in the United States, the Elroy-Sparta State Trail remains one of the most popular trails in the country. With three rock tunnels and five small towns along its 32.5-mile route, the trail is a favorite Wisconsin bicycling destination.
- Mirror Lake State Park - 9.2 miles of off-road bike trails near Wisconsin Dells.
- Family Biking Leopold & Pine Island- Levee Road between Baraboo and Portage Wisconsin is not only a great drive, being one of Wisconsin’s designated rustic roads, but it is also an ideal family cycling destination as well.
- Family Biking in Baraboo- It’s certainly possible to ride from Devil’s Lake into Baraboo and back. The city also has about 2 miles of “River Walk” trail available to cyclists along the Baraboo River. We’ve put together a quick map to help you navigate, find trails and avoid the high traffic areas.
- Biking The Sauk-Prairie Riverway- 3 miles round trip along the Wisconsin River. Just 10 minutes from Devil’s Lake State Park.
- Biking The Portage Levee & Canal Trails – Portage, Wisconsin is about 20 minutes east of the park and offers two short, paved trails. One along the Wisconsin river, and one along the historic Portage canal.