Welcome to our “Learning Center” section of DevilsLakeWisconsin.com. This is the place where we, along with some help from the folks at the Devil’s Lake State Park Nature Center, try to answer many of the common questions we are asked about the park. We’ve also added other information that you might find interesting. If you don’t find your answers here, we recommend that you give a call to the Nature Center where they will be happy to help you out. * If the question is not a link yet, this is something we’re working on right now!
- Why is it called Devil’s Lake?
- What is Swimmer’s Itch?
- Are there bear in the park?
- What are all those flies in the spring?
- I heard there are rattlesnakes at the park!
- What are those big black birds?
- Are there ticks? Will I get Lyme’s Disease?
- Scary Plants?? Tell me about Wild Parsnip & Poison Ivy
- Not Dinosaurs, Blue Heron!
Even MORE Answers…
- Did the glaciers make the lake?
- Why are the rocks pink?
- Is this a quarry?
- Are there waterfalls in the park?
- I heard there’s a drain in the lake?
- Tell me about the Effigy Mounds!
- What sort of animals are at the park?
- What kinds of birds?
- What kind of fishes?
- Is Man-Made Climate Change Real?