Pets are permitted in most campgrounds, trails, roads, and outlying areas of the parks. Pets are not allowed in the following places:
- Picnic areas and picnic shelters
- Marked Nature Trails (Applies to Parfrey’s Glen)
- No Pets are allowed on the ski trails when they are snow-covered.
- The Devil’s Lake South Shore Picnic area, except on paved roads and walkways en route to areas where pets are allowed.
- Pets must be on a leash no longer than 8 feet at all times.
- Pets must be under control at all times.
- Loose pets may be seized and are subject to local laws pertaining to stray animals.
- Do Not Leave your pet unattended
- Make sure your pet has a current rabies vaccination. By bringing your pet to the park you increase its opportunity to come in close contact with wild animals such as raccoons etc.
- Your pet should have an identification tag in case it is separated from you. If you do lose your pet you can contact the Sauk County Humane Society at (608) 356-2520.
- Waste should be disposed of in dumpsters or trash receptacles.
Please Be Kind To Your Pet. If you do not have the time to spend caring for him or her please make alternate arrangements.
Do Not Lock Your Pet In Your Car! Temperatures get outrageously hot in no time and can kill your family friend!!
Keep Your Pet On A Leash! Today with many people carrying cell phones we urge hikers to report unleashed animals immediately. Especially in the Steinke Basin area. Just call the staff office at 608-356-8301.