Volunteers Needed for the for the Devil’s Lake State Park Candlelight Snowshoe on Saturday, February 11.
The Nature Center needs volunteers to help out at the annual Candlelight Snowshoe Event coming up next Saturday (and we should have snow for the event)! If you can volunteer, please contact Sue Johansen – email (SusanA.Johansen@wisconsin.gov) or call 608-356-8301 Ext. 140.
See below for areas we’ll need help with during the event.
Before the Hike
- Volunteers need to come at 5 pm
- Setting up the outdoor fire
- Lighting torches
- Getting the fire inside shelter going
- Setting up the shelter – if needed
During the Hike
- Volunteers need to come at 6 pm
- Help passing out snowshoes – This will be all outside, so if you are interested in helping, please dress for the winter weather!
- Tending the fire
- Helping inside the shelter – directing visitors, helping pass out s’mores and hot drinks
After the Hike
- If you are coming just for this, please arrive at 8:30 pm
- Put out torches
- Put out campfire
- Clean up shelter – putting tables and chairs away
- Help “organize” snowshoes back into buckets and moved back into the shelter.
Contact Sue Johansen, Park Naturalist
(608) 356-8301 Ext. 140