Just days before the DNR’s Natural Resources Board is scheduled consider the proposed master plan for the Sauk Prairie Recreation Area, the Sauk Prairie Conservation Alliance has filed suit to stop “High Impact” uses such as dual sport motorcycle events & rocketry. **
– Link: Details at WPR
Of course, I’ve commented on this issue ad nauseam here, here and here, so I have little to add at this juncture. My only observation today is that actions of the Conservation Alliance and the public response of the DNR, both before the board meeting on December 14th, implies that passage of the plan is a foregone conclusion and that the public comment period before and at the meeting seem are simply for show.
From Around The Web:
- Conservation Group Sues Over Plans For Part Of Badger Ammunition Property
- Parks Service raises concern about rec area plans
- Tread lightly-Recreation plan for former Badger Ammo site should not include motorcycles, rocketry
- Wuest Column: DNR has broken its commitment with public
- Rec area plan criticized for high-impact activities
Disclaimer: And of course, my crazy opinions are my own and often caused by too many hours of isolation in the deep dark woods. My posts certainly don’t represent the opinions of the Wisconsin DNR or any other group, organization or book club.