Join the Friends of Devil’s Lake State Park this Saturday, October 22 from 6:00 – 8:30 pm for the annual Devil’s Lake State Park Halloween Hike!
Join us for lots of Halloween fun! There’s a lot to do at this annual event sponsored by the Friends of Devil’s Lake.
- Go on a 1-mile torch lit hike
- Play the “Owl Trivia” along the hike (pick up your game card at the Chateau)
- Show off your costume
- Roast a marshmallow and listen to songs by Campfire Kevin
- Enjoy some tasty treats (for purchase)
- Purchase a burger, brat, hot dog, chili, or apple cider from the Chateau
- Find out owls! Make an owl to take home and find out more about Whoooo lives in Wisconsin
After the Halloween hike . . .
Join astronomers from the UW-Madison Astronomy Program for an evening of exploring the Universe! There will be a short presentation at the beginning of the program. Then, if there aren’t too many clouds, participants can look at the stars and planets through the telescope. It’s “Universe In The Park”! Saturday, October 22
from 9:00 – 10:30 pm Meet at the Rock Elm Shelter (North shore by the boat landing.)
Contact Sue Johansen, Park Naturalist
(608) 356-8301 Ext. 140