Join Devil’s Lake State Park Naturalist, Susan Johansen, for a summer’s night paddle on Devil’s Lake this Thursday, June 4th, 2015! If you have your own canoe or kayak, you’re invited to join Sue (and myself) for a night paddle around Devil’s Lake from 8:30 pm to 10:30pm. We encourage you to decorate your boats with glow sticks as we head out into the night and see what we can see. If we’re lucky we’ll have some beautiful moon lit waters for this once a year park event! We had a great time last year and are really looking forward paddling under a moon lit sky! Meet at the North Shore Boat Launch around 8:15.
Please call to preregister, by calling the Nature Center at (608) 356-8301 Ext. 140, so we can have enough glow sticks.
- Remember to call ahead and pre-register.
- FREE! There is no cost, however you will need a state park sticker on your vehicle.
- We ask that everyone wears their life jackets for this paddle!!
- Dress for the weather. Try to avoid wearing cotton which will keep you cold if it gets wet.
- Headlamps can be worn, but should be off during the group paddle.