Aug 16,17,18 2013 Events
Time Flies! It’s time again for the Badger Steam & Gas Engine Show which kicks off today and runs through the weekend. The show offers displays, exhibits, lots of food and a massive flea market. Check out this weekends events list below for more goings on right her at Devil’s Lake State Park and in the Baraboo area.
At The Park This Weekend
- Fri, August 16, 8:00pm – 10:30pm – Join the Madison Astronomy Society (MAS) to learn about the night sky. MAS will have several telescopes set up and show you cool features about the moon, point you towards some winter constellations. This is more of an informal program where you can come anytime and the MAS volunteers will help you get to know the night sky. Meet at the north shore boat launch parking lot.
- Sat, August 17, 11am – 12pm – Watch the animals in the Nature Center have lunch! Watch the box turtles munch on some salad. See the watersnake slurp down a fish. Look at the treefrogs as the tackle a cricket or two. Meet at the Nature Center.
- Sat, August 17, 7pm – 8pm – Find out what happens when there’s a climbing emergency on the bluffs of Devil Lake. Members of the Baraboo District Ambulance Service will show you the techniques and equipment used in rope rescues. Meet at the Northern Lights Amphitheater.
- Sat, August 17, 7:30pm – 10:30pm – Dance to the Big Band sounds of the Hal Edwards Orchestra in Wisconsin’s celebrated “most romantic dance pavilion” – the Chateau. Join us as we relive the glory years. Cost is $10.
Devil’s Lake Region
- Fri, August 16, 2013 – Sun, August 18, 2013 – Come and enjoy one of the best antique tractor, steam and gas engine shows in the country. Memorabilia display, silent auction, chapter tables, and a gathering place for visitors to mingle throughout the day. Displays and exhibits for the whole family. Flea market with rows of treasures and plenty of good food, plus homemade pie and ice cream! Click here for details!
- Sun, Aug 18 10am – The Downtown Baraboo Sunday Market includes Antique Dealers, Collectors, Artisans and Crafters selling their work on the streets of Downtown Baraboo. The Market will run every Sunday from Memorial Day weekend through October 20th, rain or shine from 10am – 3pm.